The calendar of public holidays
Croatia is a traditional country. Numerous festivals come to punctuate the life of the inhabitants throughout the year.
- January 1: New Year’s Day
- January 6: Epiphany
- April 4 and 5: Easter Sunday and Easter Monday
- May 1: Labour Day
- May 30: Bank holidays
- June 16: God celebration
- June 22: Anti-Fascist Struggle Day
- August 5: Victory and Homeland Thanksgiving Day
- August 15: Assumption of Mary
- October 8: Independence Da
- November 1: All Saints’ Day
- November 18: Day of Remembrance for Victims of Patriotic War
- December 25/ 26: Christmas Day/ Saint-Etienne
Calendar of major events
- Rijeka Carnival
- Zagreb‘s Festival of Lights
July – August :
- Dubrovnik International Summer Festival (classical music, drama)
- Split Summer Festival (plays, operas, ballets and concerts)
- Zagreb Summer Festival (concerts, recitals, operas, theatre, these open-air cultural attractions).
- The Festival of The Games of Chivalry in Korcula
- Sinj Games of Chivalry (cavalry tournament organized since 1715).
From the last weekend of November to the first week of January:
- Zagreb Christmas Market (Advent Zagreb), voted the most beautiful Christmas market in Europe for 4 years.